Well 18 months and we finally dealt with our first fever. We have been so lucky this far that he hasn't been really sick. One bout of RSV (which could have been a LOT worse) and one ear infection that was caught before it was an ear infection and thats it. This time its a bad cold with a fever that lasted about 12 hours. I came home from a BGR shoot and found him really hot and cranky. Gave some some tylenol and motrin (thanks Papa) and a bath. 30 minutes later he was eating a popsicle and drinking his milk. Slept thru the night and work up fever-free.
I always wondered how I would deal with his first fever. For some reason those scare me a lot. I did call the peds after hours care line and talked to a nurse at Childrens (a wonderful resource) and she just told me all the things I already knew but needed to hear anyway and we were fine.
The really funny part is due to his cough and runny nose he actually has lost his voice. And for a kid that doesn't say a lot anyway its pretty funny. His cries are so wierd sounding because there is not a lot of noise coming out of them. Ever hear of baby laryngitis?
No comments:
Post a Comment