I don't know about any of you but the hardest part about being a parent is not getting enough sleep. I am a person who is very sensitive to not getting enough and I have passed that trait along to our kid. It seems I have been obsessed about it the last 22 months.
We have (seemingly) successfully shifted Vins bedtime time back to 8 pm. Before when we tried to put him to bed at 8 he would get up eariler and earlier each day until I couldn't take it any more and we started putting him to bed at 7 again. I called the peds office and the nurse said to slowly shift his bedtime back by 15 minutes each day until we reach the desired time. So far it seems to have worked. He let us sleep until 8 AM the last 5 mornings, and even let us sleep until 9 am this morning (although he did wake me up at 5 am because he was having a bad dream, that doesn't count).
The nurse also told me that we are lucky he is sleeping thru the night because often at this age they stop doing that. Why doesn't anyone tell us this stuff? Ever since we got him to sleep thru the night at 5 months he has been a pretty good sleeper as a whole. We are lucky. But when its bad its really bad and no one sleeps.
No comments:
Post a Comment