Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 10- Peek-a-boo

This is a cute shot of E playing peek-a-boo with Uncle Nick on Uncle Tony's deck. She loves her Uncle Nick and he can always get a smile out of her. She is turning a year on Friday. Amazing how fast it goes.
On a Vin note: we went for his 4 year exam today. He is now in the 25th percentile for his height. In the last 2 years he has moved from the 2nd to the 25th.

For those of you who didn't know. When I was 37 weeks preggo they thought I was measuring a little small so we went for an ultrasound to have him measured. They took measurements of his skull, femur and other places. They did the math and thought he was a little behind on growth. They had a high-risk doc talk to me and they thought there was a chance of Skeletal Dysplasia, a form of dwarfism. We decided not to see the high-risk docs because there was nothing they could do. I found out that he was measuring 3 days (yes just 3 days) short of my gestational time. I think he was concieved 3 days later than were supposed to have and that would explain the difference. Anywho... ever since I have had the nagging voice in the back of my head wondering if he is normal. Without a bone scan we will never know for sure. It didn't help that he has always been little up to now. To be in the 25th is a huge relief. The PA said that if he keeps going like he is he will be 5'8" when he is done growing. Not a tall man but not a short man either!

Everything else was normal. Got his FluMist and he didn't cry. Got 2 shots (the last of the vaccines until he is 11) and only cried on the second one. She thought he was 'delightful' and gave us a clean bill of health!

When the doctor asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up he said...a Mail Man. I didn't know that!!! That is my man for sure!

No comments: