Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Gymnasics class

Today I took Vin to his first little gymnastics class. It was really fun. He is by far the yougest one there and he didn't or couldn't do as much as the other kids, but he still had a great time.

We started out by 'stretching' a little which he didn't really want to sit down for. But he thought the moving back and forth across the tumbling floor was great. Then we went into the preschool room where we jumped on trampolines and spring boards. He loved the slide of course and I even got him to walk across the low beam.

Then we moved to the big beams, that did not go over well. He kept picking up his feet so I was carrying him. But he loved the big trampolies. He actually had really good balance when the other kids were jumping on the same tramp, he hardly fell over.

Then I plopped him in the foam pit. He thought that was great. He kinda sat on the top of the blocks and banged on them for a while. He also LOVED the parachute. We made a 'tent' and sat inside the parachute while it floated over us like a tent. He thought that was really cool.

I think this will be good for him to interact with other kids and get use to different places. Plus the loose structure will help him follow directions not to mention the help with his gorss motor skills too.

No comments: