Being a very careful person with our credit/debit cards, shredding our sensitive documents and never telling someone I don't know my name on the phone I was very suprised when my debit card number (not the actual card, that is right here) was used across the country in Maryland to charge almost $700.00 in stuff. I am so annoyed.
I found two charges for Amoco Oil in MD last Saturday, one for $100.00 exactly and another for almost $100. Called the bank and cancelled my card and started the paperwork to investigate and get our money back. Then two days later found 5 more charges (made before cancelling the card but had not posted yet) for a Royal Farms in MD. All together almost $700. And the most annoying part is that I reported it and still have to wait for paperwork to come thru to approve putting the money back in the account by the bank while they investigate.
They asked that if they find the guy do we want to press charges....YES...ARE YOU KIDDING, the jerk took our hard earned money because he is lazy to work for his own or something.
Anyway just a word to the wise to check your accounts often and report immedietly if anything is wierd.
1 comment:
That sucks...be thankful it was with your debit card and not with checks. Just a heads up, banks have different policies for when they give provisioal credit for fraud stuff during their investigation. Some banks are a lot faster than others (like same day if it is not on the weekend). If you are ever shopping around for a new bank, that is definately a good question to ask them.
Post a Comment